If you feel uneasy about your dental visit and are looking for a safe alternative you've come to the right place in Orleans / Gloucester . Orleans Gardens Dental Centre can provide your dental care under Oral Moderate Sedation and Nitrous Oxide.
Your teeth can be fixed, sore gums restored, and your smile brightened without discomfort while you are almost asleep and relaxed through your appointment with THUY-TU NGUYEN, DMD, KEN MARENCO, DDS, DAVID CHAMBERS, DDS, DAVID CRAIG, BSC, DDS. Have years of dental treatment in just one appointment. No more hiding your smile behind your hand or putting up with pain.
If you have one or more of the following conditions, dental anesthesia can help you:
- Fear and Anxiety
- Low pain threshold or very sensitive teeth
- Gag reflexes
- Limited time to complete dental care or in need of an extensive treatment
- Children and most special needs patients who cannot cooperate during a normal dental procedure can also benefit greatly from anesthesia.
This form of Conscious Sedation offered at Orleans Gardens Dental Centre helps to ease anxiety and enhance procedural comfort.
Advantages of using nitrous oxide includes the following:
- The simplicity for the adjustment for the depth of sedation which can be altered at any time during treatment to increase or decrease sedation.
- There is no after effect such as a “hangover”.
- Inhalation sedation is safe with no side effects on your heart and lungs, etc. The biotransformation for nitrous oxide is only about 0.04%
- Inhalation sedation is very effective in minimizing gagging.
- It works rapidly as it reaches the brain within 20 seconds. In as little as 2-3 minutes its relaxation and pain killing properties develop.
- Reversal of nitrous oxide sedation will be provided by administration of 100% oxygen for about 5 minutes at the end of treatment.
- No company required post appointment.
Nitrous Oxide has been a means of sedation in dentistry for many years. Nitrous oxide is safe, the patient receives up to 70% nitrous with no less than 30% oxygen. It has been used by millions of patients around the world for dental and medical sedation.
You are able to breathe on your own and remain in control of all bodily functions. There is no company required to take you home after nitrous oxide administration. You will be able to walk or drive home unaccompanied. You may also experience mild amnesia and may fall asleep, not remembering all of what happened during the appointment.
Reasons to not use Nitrous Oxide
You should not use Nitrous Oxide if you have been diagnosed with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Though there are no other major contraindications to using nitrous oxide, you may not want to use it if you have emphysema, exotic chest problems, M.S., a cold or other difficulties with breathing. Claustrophobia is also a contraindication.
You may want to ask THUY-TU NGUYEN, DMD, KEN MARENCO, DDS, DAVID CHAMBERS, DDS, DAVID CRAIG, BSC, DDS for a “5 minute trial” to see how you feel with this type of sedation method before proceeding with further treatment.
We will gladly answer any questions you may have.Ask Questions
Orleans Gardens Dental Centre offers the ability to request your dentist appointments online. Schedule an appointment now!Book Online
New Patient Forms
By filling out the New Patient Forms ahead of time you will save significant time on your visit.New Patient Forms